Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Indiana

We reside in Indiana and had a contract to buy a house from my mom - in the process of buying it she decided to deed it over to us - onthe paperwork it states that the contract has been satisfied and that we bought the house for the sum of $1 from her - it was recorded and we now have the deed to the house andher name has been removed off of everything. She has since gotten mad at us and we have foundout that she is trying to include the house on a bankruptcy she is filing - can she legally do this and does she have any legal claim to the house since she deeded it over?

Asked on 9/01/09, 8:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Burton Padove Indiana and Illinois Lawyer, Burton A. Padove
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to have an attorney review all of the documents.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/09, 9:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Indiana

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now