Indiana  |  Wills and Trusts

How long does it take to disbribute funds after an estate is closed

My mother died Jan. 1, 2000. Her house was sold and closed Nov. 2000. Her will clearly stated how to disburse the funds and there were no questions or disagreements regarding distribution. It was, according to her attorney, closed in Court June 22, 2001. To date, no funds have been distributed and we, my siblings and I, never seem to get the same explanation from the attorney. The latest explanation was last Tues. (7-24-01) when he asked me if I had received a ''receipt'' in the mail. I told him no and he said they had been mailed, and I would be getting one and to sign it and return to him. After he had received all the signed ''receipts'' the funds would be disbursed. To date, none of us has received anything from him plus I can't imagine what we would be signing a ''receipt'' for, since we haven't received anything. My question is this: Is this the normal procedure in closing out an estate? Is this a normal amount of time when nothing is disputed and it has been, according to him, presented to a judge and signed off by the judge? None of us are in the same city as the attorney except my step father and he also is in agreement with the distribution of funds. Thank you for any help you can give me.