Legal Question in Business Law in Iowa

My husband and I own a restaurant and had a waste management service that the contract expired. We've just been paying month by month for now for only two months. They did send us a renewal to sign but we did not sign it. Now when my husband called to cancel they said they automatically renewed it and did not need his signature to do this because it says so on the back of that renewal paper that we did not sign or send back. Can they really hold us to another 3 years contract that way? He tried to call customer service but they were the ones who said we have to pay it or if we cancel it's about 4,000 dollars to do so and get out of the new contract! Help!?

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

Well, I'd have to see whatever it is that is on the back of the renewal that you did not sign.

More Business Law questions and answers in Iowa

Business Law Legal Forms