Legal Question in Business Law in Iowa

In March I wrote a bad check for about $800. A collection agency called a couple times then I didn't hear anything about it. Yesterday I received a call from the local county attorney's office telling me that my "case" had been referred to the "Bad Check Restitution Program". Basically the program sets up a payment schedule for the bad check and requires me to pay $190.00 for an 8 hour class about financial responsibility. I fully intend to make good on my bad check. My question: How can I be required to pay for and attend a class without due process?

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

I'm familiar with that program. If it's due process you want, tell Sarcone's office you don't want to play, plead not guilty and take your chances with a jury and risk getting a criminal record. It's up to you.

More Business Law questions and answers in Iowa

Business Law Legal Forms