Legal Question in Business Law in Iowa

is it on wrongful a to fire somebody after 6 years of employment because he can't do it no more physically And says he's just going to hire Mexicans. And terminates me after 6 years. is there something that can be done is it a law suit?

Asked on 5/20/13, 10:03 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Iowa is a right to work state which means that a person can be fired for any reason, good reason or no reason at all unless they have a contract of employment or are covered by a collective bargaining agreement. You should consulty a lawyer to see if anything more can be done.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 3:15 pm
Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may be eligible for unemployment benefits. His statement raises the possibility that he is discriminating based on national origin. You might try contacting an employment law attorney to discuss the specific details.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 6:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now