Iowa  |  Constitutional Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/16/13, 3:25 pm

Hello, I am a 15 year old male, I live with my father. My mother is committing me for "anger" issues yet I do not live with her. She is trying to get me sent away for a year even though my father does not wish for this to happen. She has filed a committal already without my fathers consent and I was not informed. My psychiatrist claims that he cannot drop the committal without my mother's permission. How can someone commit me without even knowing what is going on? What do I do? I am willing to take classes but I am not willing to be sent away. What should my father do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search