Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Iowa

my ex-wife lives iowa and i had to move to california to escape her wrongful legal harassment. we together had a loan for 10K and she got a judgement against me for half of the amount. she then filed bankruptcy on the loan and i did as well, including her judgement. she is now trying to garnish my wages and i have the discharge papers for the loan. no way i should owe her for a loan she never paid.

Asked on 9/08/13, 7:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you have the discharge in bankruptcy of your debt it is a complete defense, and you should be able to get a local attorney to file a motion to dismiss.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 8:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now