Iowa  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/17/13, 7:13 am

The biological mother of my son (age 12) gave her narcotic pain prescription, Narco (acetaminophen and hydrocodone) to him five to six times for a sunburn. She is a nurse, and instead of taking him to the doctor, she contacted a physician she worked with in the past who instructed her on the dosage of the Narco she would give to a child with that age and weight and told her to cut the pills in half. Of note, this is a physician who has NEVER seen my son. No prescription was ever written to my son and my son was never seen by any physician over this period of time. Were there state and/or federal laws broken by the biological mother? Were their laws broken by the physician? If so, what avenues do you recommend I follow in reporting such crimes?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/17/13, 8:06 am by Todd Miler

You could discuss this with a local police officer. They could conduct interviews and decide if a crime occurred or if a charge should be filed.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Miler Law Firm 1300 37th Street, Suite 4 West Des Moines, IA 50266

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search