Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I am divorcing my wife. She does not have driver's license. Never had She is 48 years old and has relied on me or friends to take her everywhere she needs. During work on Friday the 11th (we both work at the same place), she clocked out of work and took my vehicle. It is registered in only my name. She drove it off and I reported it to police. Does she have any leagal right to do that? I have many personal and work related things in the vehicle that disrupts my work and private life. Again, she cannot drive legally. She stated to the polie officer that she took it and is hiding it.Do I have recourse? She is only doing this out of spite as she has no use for the vehicle. Is this theft? Do I have the right to have it immediately returned to me as I am needing it asap?

Thank you

Todd Miler Miler Law Firm

You should consult with an attorney practicing in the area of divorce law. The police are likely to consider this as a civil matter involving marital property and therefore not conduct any investigation.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa