Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

I am facing a Criminal Mischief 5 charge in which the city claims to have photo or video evidence of me in the act. I have no recollection of the event. Is there any possibility of obtaining the photo or video evidence of the event? If so, do I need an attorney to do so or can I do that on my own? Finally, I was charged with Public Intox on May 28th, other than that my record is clear. What can I expect for a sentence if I am found guilty?

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner

You will need to file a motion for discovery which is a formal request for the evidence. If it is your first public intox it is a simple misdemeanor and it can be expunged in two years. There'll be a fine and the potential of 30 days jail time but nobody ever goes to jail for it unless they're a repeat offender.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa