Iowa  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/07/13, 8:17 am

I am facing a Criminal Mischief 5 charge in which the city claims to have photo or video evidence of me in the act. I have no recollection of the event. Is there any possibility of obtaining the photo or video evidence of the event? If so, do I need an attorney to do so or can I do that on my own? Finally, I was charged with Public Intox on May 28th, other than that my record is clear. What can I expect for a sentence if I am found guilty?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/10/13, 9:19 pm by Robert Luedeman

You will need to file a motion for discovery which is a formal request for the evidence. If it is your first public intox it is a simple misdemeanor and it can be expunged in two years. There'll be a fine and the potential of 30 days jail time but nobody ever goes to jail for it unless they're a repeat offender.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

solo practitioner 2008 66th Street Windsor Heights, IA 50324

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search