Legal Question in Criminal Law in Iowa

A police officer placed a no contact order on an ex girlfriend. If a third party to the defendant needs to contact the said police officer because of some concerns regarding the case, will the defendant be in violation of the no contact order?

Asked on 7/14/13, 1:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Police don't place no contact orders on people. Courts do that. So the answer is no, as long as the policeman is not the protected party. If they are, all bets are off.

Read more
Answered on 7/14/13, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now