Legal Question in Entertainment Law in Iowa

My daughter(10 months old) got accepted for a modeling agency, The QuickBook Agency and they are asking for a ontime insurance payment ($198.00). They say it's to cover the losses if we no show and an agency flies in to book us. It will supposedly reimburse them. Does this sound accurate? I don't want to just hand money out for no reason.

Thomas Moens Moens Law Offices, Chartered

I am not familiar with this particular organization, but generally speaking, any entertainment agency that wants money upfront is usually more interested in getting that upfront money than in furthering your career. If they were really convinced you had what it took to make them a big pile of money, AND they had the ability to get you in front of the people that would send them those big piles of money, they would not risk scaring you off by charging you money. Since you mention that your daughter so young, I would ask if they have met with her in person. If not, I would be especially suspicious, since a child's temperament and personality would certainly factor into whether she would have an aptitude for modeling.

More Entertainment & Sport Law questions and answers in Iowa

Entertainment & Sport Law Legal Forms