Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

Can I take my 12 year old son and move out of state if he wants to go with me without his mothers permission

Asked on 7/25/13, 5:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Is there a custody and support agreement in place? If there is, the answer's no. Otherwise your rights are as good as hers but don't think she's going to take it lying down. You could find yourself in a world of trouble.

Read more
Answered on 7/25/13, 9:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now