Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

i just found out that my then 5 yr old was molested (touching mainly) by her 15 yr old step brother that was here for the summer. we live in iowa, he lives in mississippi and my daughter's biological father lives in north carolina and has not seen her or had any contact with her since she was 1. he does not provide child support of any kind and has not assisted in her support in any manner although we do have joint custody (i have sole custodial custody). my question is if i press charges and persue the molestation, would my ex husband be notified?

Asked on 1/11/12, 2:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Perhaps, but from your description it might be difficult to find him.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/12, 8:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now