Legal Question in Family Law in Iowa

I made a couple of minor errors on my Petiton for Dissolution of Marriage. The minor child's name was misspelled by a letter in several instances, the minor child's date of birth was off by two days, and the date of marriage was off by 5 days. Are these issues serious? If they are, how do I correct them? Would I use a motion (Iowa FL-122) or some other form?

Asked on 5/22/13, 7:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can file an amended petition that corrects the scriveners errors but it will have to be served like the last one was. Or you can do a motion to correct the record, and see if that will pass muster but it will have to be served as well. As far as motion forms I suggest Iowa Pleading and Practice, they have it at the Drake law library.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/13, 8:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now