Iowa  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/22/13, 12:48 pm

I recently ended a 6 year relationship. In the relationship we had two children. I had to end up getting a protection order against my ex. I now how temporary custody of our children. I am thinking about moving nearer to my family but it is 6 hours away from my ex. He has stated that he can make it so I have to live in a 50 mile radius of him. I was wondering if that is possible in the state of Iowa. If not, does Iowa usually aware sole custody if the other parent has a drug addiction and an anger problem that he admits to but wont get help for?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search