Iowa  |  Civil Litigation

I had put my 2 weeks in at work. I had emailed some of my vendors and told them I was leaving when they asked me why I told them I was hollered at all the time and micro managed I could not take it anymore. I had one vendor tell me it was not the first time he had heard this. I had emailed the lady at the hiring agency I was not going back my second week it was more then they deserved. I have plenty of witnesses to the abuse I put up with over the last year. It was why the last person quit. I was called to hr they told me they were going to go after me for the emails if I jeopardized the censorship it did not. I had examples of what was said to me and told him I have a year's worth. I have plenty of witnesses. Can they sue me. I never said anything bad about the company. hr raised his voice with me there was no one else in the room.

Answered on: 6/21/13, 5:58 am by Robert Luedeman

It kind of sounds like "he said, she said" until you get to the problem with the emails. You have no legitimate expectation of privacy in emails sent over an employer network.

They can sue you-anyone can sue anyone if they have the filing fee, but making it stick is another and different story. You haven't told me whether there was a confidentiality or no-compete agreement.

Also you haven't told me what you could gain by violating any such confidentiality agreement or understanding. However yo u certainly can't go around dissing your employer and not have it come back at you.

solo practitioner 2008 66th Street Windsor Heights, IA 50324