Legal Question in Traffic Law in Iowa

I was issued a speeding ticket for traveling 55 MPH's in a 35 MPH work zone. Come to find out the work zone is only labeled with an Advisory speed sign and not a regulated speed limit sign. When bringing this to the officer's attention he still issued me a ticket, not to mention it was double for being in a work zone. I plan on fighting the ticket since the posted speed was on an advisory sign, should I attend the court date with an attorney? What other proof should I bring with me to fight the ticket?

Asked on 7/01/13, 12:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Plead not guilty. Then they'll schedule a trial before a magistrate. Then you can bring your attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 2:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now