Iowa  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/01/13, 12:21 pm

I was issued a speeding ticket for traveling 55 MPH's in a 35 MPH work zone. Come to find out the work zone is only labeled with an Advisory speed sign and not a regulated speed limit sign. When bringing this to the officer's attention he still issued me a ticket, not to mention it was double for being in a work zone. I plan on fighting the ticket since the posted speed was on an advisory sign, should I attend the court date with an attorney? What other proof should I bring with me to fight the ticket?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/01/13, 2:32 pm by Robert Luedeman

Plead not guilty. Then they'll schedule a trial before a magistrate. Then you can bring your attorney.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

solo practitioner 2008 66th Street Windsor Heights, IA 50324

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search