Iowa  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/28/13, 4:53 pm

There is a vehicle on my property in Iowa that is technically my granddaughters and her husbands but they had it voluntarily repossessed in early June but the company has not come to get the vehicle, how much can I legally charge for storage and can I do a abandoned vehicle title transference??

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/28/13, 9:30 pm by Robert Luedeman

Unless you're in business and have told the storage company you're going to charge storage you can't just spring it on them. You can't do an abandoned vehicle transfer of title because the vehicle isn't abandoned-you know who the legal owner is.

Send them a nice letter and tell them you're going to start charging them ten bucks a day storage from a date in the near future. I bet the car will go away.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

solo practitioner 2008 66th Street Windsor Heights, IA 50324

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search