Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Iowa

My father and mother owned a home in iowa after 36years my mother passed away my dad got a home equity loan to pay for the funeral after a few years dad decided he needed to have a will prepared in it he leaves the home and contents to his children to be devided evenly I am the executer in recent years he met another woman and was married she moved in to his home with him and maintaines her own home and lets her adult children live in it he says he still wants his home to go to his children and in event something happens to her hers goes to her children they keep there money separate he pays for his and she pays for hers my ? is I have told him that since he has remarried his will needs to be changed ,updated ,or something added to remain in the original intent but his new wife says that it does not mater it is fine in the original form does he need to readdress his will if he still wants his house that he owned before he was remarried to go to his children and not to her

Asked on 7/19/13, 11:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Luedeman solo practitioner
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need the services of an estate planning attorney. I do not practice in that field.

Read more
Answered on 7/21/13, 8:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Iowa

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now