Kansas  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 12/18/08, 2:03 pm

car insurance

My mom was killed by a drunk driver who was at fault. The car owner says the driver did not have permission to drive her car, so her insurance will not pay. The driver has no license and is illegally in the country. He is in jail without bond. What can we do to help my dad get compensated for the loss of his wife and car?

1 Answer

Answered on: 12/18/08, 6:19 pm by Tim Elliott

Re: car insurance

There should be uninsured motorist insurance for your mother. You father should contact his insurance company. He could also recover damages for the vehicle if it has collision insurance. Please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother. Please feel free to e-mail if you have any other questions.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Elliott Law Firm, L.C., Attorneys At Law P.O. Box 27268 Shawnee Mission, KS 66225

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search