Kansas  |  Wills and Trusts

I found out I was left something in a will and was never told about it. Is there a statute of limitation on this matter?

Answered on: 5/04/10, 7:59 pm by Keenan Post

Although there is no statute of limitations specifically related to the issue you present, there could be a problem if you have known about the gift that was not made and have allowed too much time to pass before taking action. If you were named in a Will you should have received notice by law (assuming the deceased person lived in KS or MO). The real practical question is how much are you willing to spend to go after the Executor of the Will for not making the gift to you? The answer to that question will depend in large part on how much the gift is worth; or how much you believe it is worth. Give me a call if you would like to discuss further. Good luck.

Post Warren Lindstrom, LLP 12980 Metcalf Avenue, Suite 180 Overland Park, KS 66213