Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

Gettin a speeding ticket dropped.

Can a speeding ticket be dropped because of information on the ticket being filled out inaccurate? Example, the officer put down the wrong make of the car. He put down Dodge Neon, and it is a Plymouth Neon. He did not check the insurance or the registration where it states that it is a Plymouth Neon, only my license. So can this ticket be dropped because of inaccurate info. If so, what is my next step.

Thank you

Georgianna Mullin Law Office of Georgianna M. Mullin/Generations Real Estate/Mullin Rentals

Re: Gettin a speeding ticket dropped.

You signed the citation so you have accepted the inaccuracies as fact. Even if you didn't sign, inaccuracies on the traffic citation do not negate the violation of speeding. Unless you are challenging the violation than you have nothing to dispute. Even then, disputes are very difficult to prove and costly. Often, when someone is asking me about "getting a citation dropped" their real goal is to keep that citation off their driving and insurance record. I can help you with that if you are interested. Depending on what court your citation is in, your exact violation etc... will determine the costs associated with such a violation. You may contact me at Georgianna@GenerationsRealEstate.com if you would like to discuss the details, city, violation, etc.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas