Kansas  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/23/13, 7:10 pm

I moved to Anchorage in October of 2012. My soon to be ex wife lives in Kansas. In January we both agreed the marriage was over. Had to wait to file in Alaska till residency was established, that takes a calender year. In February she called me and asked if I could loan her 7500.00 for bills and other things so I did. I flew to Kansas, loaned her the money, she signed a promise to repay. It is now almost October and she has not made a single payment. I asked her when she intends to pay me and she said she won't. And that I can't sue her even with a promise note because we were married. Is this true? Can I sue her through small claims, or civil court and expect a judgement, or did I get played like a hotel piano?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search