Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kansas

What options do I have when trying to collect a delinquent debt owed to a 501c account. The former president of our booster club used booster club funds to cover expenses for her daughters and has not reimbursed the fund $2063.00 that she owes. I have attempted numerous times to contact her by phone and email.

Asked on 4/10/13, 2:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sadly, the nonprofit may need to sue its former president. Before it gets to that, you might employ and attorney to collect the debt. If they do not get payment through writing letters, and making hone calls, they can file suit. As the nonprofit is a corporation, you may not be able to represent it in court, if you are not licensed to practice law.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 4/10/13, 8:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now