Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Kansas

I owed back state taxes (KS) and they were turned over to collection with NCO Financial. I called NCO and they offered me, in writing, a settelment for about 80%. I sent them the money within the time limit they required. It has been three monthes and they still have not informed the state that the debt is settled. I have contacted NCO several times and they say there sorry and they will take care of it right away, and yet they have not. Is there any legal action I can file to force them to do there job? I have leins from the state taxes I'm trying to get lifted and can't till they do there job.

Anthony Smith LawSmith

You may contest the liens using your paid compromise settlement as evidence. That. Is, if a release of the liens was a part of the settlement agreement.

Good luck

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Kansas

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms