Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

accused of having sex with a minor

Family member has been accused of having sex with a minor. Family member is 19 minor is 15,minor has been sexually active previously with several others, both say sex was conscentual. Has not been arrested for this but both have been questioned twice. No charges have been made yet. What will happen next? Does family member need a lawyer? Money not available and what do we need to do at this time?

Asked on 1/30/08, 3:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jay Ramey Jay K. Ramey, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: accused of having sex with a minor

It is not relevant that the minor has been sexually active previously with others. It is not relevant that both say the sex was consensual.

Under the brief facts you have given, I am almost 100% sure that a criminal charge is going to be filed and that a warrant will be issued for family memberís arrest. He will then be arrested.

At this time, he needs to hire a lawyer. Family member should never have made any statements to the police. It is too late to fix that, but he needs to stop talking to the police and refer them to his attorney in the future.

Read more
Answered on 1/30/08, 4:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now