Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

If I am begin revoked from my ISP officer will I go in front of the same judge that sentenced me or will i go in fron of a different judge at the revocation hearing? And can they send me to prison for allegedly committing a similar crime in a different county than the county that I was originally sentenced in?

Asked on 10/05/10, 10:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is likely that you will be before the same judge or at lest in the same division. Without knowing the particualres of yrou probation agreement, it is impossible to predict if you will be incarceratred for similar crimes in other counties. But, most probation orders include a reqquirement to obey all laws, so it is possible that you could be impriosned in County A (where you are on probation) for a crime you commit in County B, as a violation of your probation in A., and also serve time in B for the commision of the crime. Obviously you should hire an attorney to represent you to lessen the chance of going to prison, in both counties.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 10/15/10, 2:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now