Legal Question in Criminal Law in Kansas

If I am begin revoked from my ISP officer will I go in front of the same judge that sentenced me or will i go in fron of a different judge at the revocation hearing? And can they send me to prison for allegedly committing a similar crime in a different county than the county that I was originally sentenced in?

Anthony Smith LawSmith

It is likely that you will be before the same judge or at lest in the same division. Without knowing the particualres of yrou probation agreement, it is impossible to predict if you will be incarceratred for similar crimes in other counties. But, most probation orders include a reqquirement to obey all laws, so it is possible that you could be impriosned in County A (where you are on probation) for a crime you commit in County B, as a violation of your probation in A., and also serve time in B for the commision of the crime. Obviously you should hire an attorney to represent you to lessen the chance of going to prison, in both counties.

Good luck

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Kansas