Kansas  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/11/12, 3:18 pm

i have been sentenced to 2 days in jail and 58 days house arrest for a dui case in johnson county kansas. 1st time offense for alcohol related crime. i have to pay over $1,000 in court and house arrest fines. My court appointed attorney isn't doing anything to help me and i have talked to him about 5 minutes total during this whole case. i was parked at a gas station then drank an alcoholic beverage and blew .8 they said it was under a certain amount to where it would bt considered a DWI but that it was over a certain amount to where it would be called a DUI.. even though i wasn't drinking while driving. i did have an open container in the vehicle.. is there any way to appeal this verdict? is there any chance that i could enter a different plea .. a plea of not guilty and try to get it reduced? i dont have the money to pay any of these fines. please help me. thank you

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search