Kansas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/13/05, 8:35 pm

Custody modifacation

My childrens dad didnt return them after a visit.Our decree was joint w/ no set days,so the cops wont get involved.He is claiming negligence and wants the court to give him residential custody.I cant afford a lawyer but I am afraid if I go to court w/o one his lawyer will take away my kids.Does he have to prove that Im not able to take care of them?Is there an age limit when kids can choose who they live with?Do they have to provide beds for them,or does the couch count?At the modifacation hearing,will the judge want to speak with the kids to get their views on things?Can this be handled w/o a lawyer and win or would I only make matters harder on myself?What should I do?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search