Kansas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/11/11, 8:56 am

Can my daughter petition the court to allow her to claim her 3 boys on income taxes for last year without having a lawyer? In the origional divorce papers it says HE can claim them each year but last February courts ordered change of custody of the 3 boys to be with HER! He has not paid a DIME ALL YEAR to help support the boys & she has had PHYSICAL CUSTODY & been struggling all year to take care of them with no help from him whatsoever!!! She can't afford an attorney as she has no money because her ex hasn't helped AT ALL! Can she file first & claim them & when she gets the money get an attorney to address the claiming of them on the taxes? If HE gets the money she won't see a dime of it.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search