Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Divorce in different state

Is there any way to find out if a spouse filed for divorce in Arizona? If he did would I have to attend court in Arizona? If we were to file at the same time which state would actually take process over the divorice?

Asked on 1/28/04, 11:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Wilson Michael T. Wilson, Attorney and Counselor at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Divorce in different state

If your spouse remained in Arizona, simply contact the court clerk in the family law section of the local family court and ask if divorce has been filed. You may not have to attend depending on your fact pattern (assets, children, etc.) The Arizona court would have the ability to end the marriage but there may be related matters that you may wish to litigate.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/04, 5:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now