Kansas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/12/03, 11:51 am

domestic violence, divorce no children involved

My sister was beaten by her husband(they have no children). She notified the police filed for restraining order; they sent him to a state hospital. She moved out, filed for divorce. She has appeared in court 3 times, last time he called had time changed for appearance and she was not notified. Had to fill out all papers again for restraining order and has to appear again at the end of Oct. They do not own a home, her car is in her name and the only joint account is a money market account. She just wants out of this marriage so she can begin again. They have had trouble serving papers because of where he is. He won't come out and get them. She just wants out of the marriage so she can move on with her life. What can she do to move the divorce and permanent restraining order along? How many times does she have to appear in court before they can finalize this?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search