Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Girlfriend wants to move with me but has an child with ex

I have a girlfriend that is living in Kansas right now and i am living in Illionis. She has a kid that maybe mine but it is on the birth certifcate as her ex being the father. Right now she has custody of the child but he has said if she moves he is going to go after custody. Is there anything we can do to so she can keep custody and move to live with me?

Asked on 1/05/05, 5:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Su Linda Jamison Jamison and Associates, LLC.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Girlfriend wants to move with me but has an child with ex

You may be able to have paternity testing done, if the Court allows it. The age of the child and the circumstances in this situation would make a difference. You would need to take action through the court. If you want to discuss it further, you may call me at your convenience.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/05, 9:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now