Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

husband wanting to adopt stepson

I have an 8 year old son that my now husband wants to adopt. We have two younger boys together and my 8 year old really wants the same last name as everyone else in the family. I was divorced from his father in 2000 in California. Awarded full custody and no child support and he has no visitations. Basically because he went AWOL from the Marine Corps and till this day I still do not know where he is. Last time he saw his son was when he was 4 months old, Sept 1999. How can we go about doing this when we can't find his father? With my divorce I had to go through the newspaper at his last known whereabouts. My son has asked his step dad which he calls dad to adopt him so he doesn't feel left out. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Asked on 7/14/07, 4:09 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Grant Griffiths Grant Griffiths
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: husband wanting to adopt stepson

I can help. Drop me an email at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/14/07, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now