Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

Can a person be arrested for sending birthday cards or christmas cards to their grandchildren. No expectation of visitation is made. The cards are appropriate to age and gender. The children are 10. The parents and grandparents are estranged. The grand parent lives in Nebraska, the children live in KS.

Asked on 2/07/11, 2:46 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I know of no such case wherein granparents wre arrested fo rsending nonoffensive birhtday and Christmas cards to their grandchildren. If there is a no-contact Order in place, that might change the scenario. But, absent a prior Court order to the contrary, Grandparents may send cards to their grandchildren.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 2/09/11, 3:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now