Legal Question in Family Law in Kansas

If I set up direct deposit of my husband's veterans benefits and ge doesn't know it can I go to jail?

Asked on 3/23/13, 2:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The federal system only has prisons, not temporary jails. If you forge his signature, you might do time. If you don't have much of a record, you might only get probation and restitution. If you pretend to be him (without his permission) it can be treated like forgery, in a civil suit from ex husband.

Good luck in choosing the right thing.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/13, 5:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now