Kansas  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/16/04, 11:31 pm

Wife not paying her bills

I was divorced from my wife in april of 2003. In the divorce decree it states she is responsible for a 2001 dodge neon that the lien is in MY name. Today the fianace people called me and stated she was 642.58 behind on her payments and if they repossesed it they would come after me for the money. I live in California, but she and the car are in kansas where we were divorced. I told the creditor about my ordeal and they told me the decree didnt matter beacause the lien was in my name. I offered to take the car from her so it didnt get repoed but she is determined to get it repoed just to screw me. I don't know what to do, because i don't want my credit messed up, or have to go to court for a car I havent seen in over a year. Any help would be appreciated....JIM

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search