Kansas  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/08/03, 2:42 pm

Retirement Beneficiary

My brother passed away last month. He had never been married nor had children. My mother is listed as the beneficiary on his retirement. She is on social security and says she cannot accept this money or give it away, because it will affect her benefits. Do I have any rights to this money, being the only other heir? My children reaching college age and this would help greatly..

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search