Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Kansas

My daughter moved in with a friend a few weeks ago but is not on any of the utilities or lease papers. This friend has decided to not let her into their apartment yet wants her to move out. What rights does she have to get into the apartment and claim her belongings in order to move out?

Asked on 5/09/13, 8:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If she can prove residency, (not clear exactly what facts would suffice) she has aright to reenter the unit and get her things. She remains a resident until she is evicted. It might be wise for your daughter to ask a police officer to accompany her to get her things, or just to get back in.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 3:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now