Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Kansas

was in a lease with a roommate, I was not leaving on the premises for nearly two years. Paid my half of the rent by check every month to rental management. Said roommate did not pay his half and now I am being sued. Can anything be done???

Asked on 5/06/13, 10:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can cross sue your roommate for his contributory share. That basically means that (as long as you can prove your half payments) you can have the Court enter Judgment against your roommate for anything the Court finds you owe to the landlord. You should have an attorney look over the documents' in your case, before the Answer docket date.

Good luck

Read more
5/06/13, 11:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now