Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Kansas

i live in ks and am being evicted for nonpayment for 2 months. i hve court tomorrow but need to buy another week .landlord will not accept a payment plan should i ask for a trial ?n if so will they accept payment in full on the day of eviction n still let me stay

Asked on 5/01/13, 7:13 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you deny the allegations of the petition, trial will be set for next week. If you chime to trial teddy to pay the entire arrearage, the landlord woo probably accept it, and allow you to stay. But, unless you also have the Court costs (and attorney fees, if your lease calls for then) they are not required to.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/02/13, 1:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now