Legal Question in Personal Injury in Kansas

Death Threat Accusation

I work for a major wireless company. I had a customer curse me out and hang up on the call. His last words were calling me a Little B...., Frustrated, I pulled out my cell phone and called him back speaking only two words, F...You, and then hung up. He called my employer back accusing me of giving him a death threat, stating he has filed a police report. This incident was memo'd into the customers account. Can he legally accuse me of this and get away with it, if he cannot prove it? I have been put on a paid suspension for further investigation

Anthony Smith LawSmith

Re: Death Threat Accusation

No, a person should not and can not falsely accuse you of making threats, without being responsible for the foreseeable damages caused by the false statement. Your problem is you damages. If you wnat this person to compensate because you are losing wages, you may have a problem. You would have to prove that the company would not have suspended you for calling a customer and saying what you said you had.

You also may have violated a federal law by misusing information you recieved through your work. Are you in collections?

Until you find out that the person did actually file a police complaint, making false accusations against you, you may have little recourse.

Good Luck

Tony Smith

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Kansas