Kansas  |  Personal Injury

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/01/06, 8:54 am

Newspaper prints incorrect info - tarnishes personal/business reputation

I was hired by courts as interpreter in a criminal case of writing bad checks. the newspaper wrote that I was the person convicted and sentenced to jail time. The following week they printed a correction. Unfortunately, as a landscaping business owner and interpreter business owner this information has hurt my reputation. I have had clients question doing business with us with such allegations. This information from the paper was mostly spread person to person in our small community so few have seen the correction. I have worked very hard in both of my businesses and feel it is being hurt now by what the newspaper printed. Is there anything that can be done other than their correction printing?

Thank you

--name removed--Mader

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search