Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

I was charged for driving while suspended. The next day a officer came in and told me the charges were dropped. Now a month later i get a letter in the mail saying im now being charged for the DWS. Can they charge me for it now after the dropped all the charges?

Asked on 12/24/11, 11:48 am

2 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The q officer has superiors that can override his decisions, such as their captain and the prosecutor. Either of those, or the detective assigned to the case can alter what the officer decides to charge or not.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/11, 4:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now