Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

I am an international student and I have missed a court date in Kansas city, KS 2 months ago. The reason why i missed that court date is that I went to my country before the court date and I could not go back to US, for I haven't received my I-20 from the univercity that i had applied to. Someone told me that I must have had a warrant and they may arrest me when i get there. What is going to happen to me and how can I reschedule another court date?

Asked on 7/22/13, 1:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sean Santoro Santoro Law Office
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your court date was in Kansas City KS Municipal Court, you need to contact the court to pay a bond and get a new court date. If your court date was in the Wyandotte County District Court, you must post bond at the county courthouse in downtown KCK. Contact a lawyer to get advice on handling the charge. You are unlikely to be detained at reentry unless it was a felony charge; but you can be detained in Kansas if it is a misdemeanor or felony. Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Sean Santoro

[email protected]

Licensed in KS and MO

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 2:32 pm
Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you choose not to post a Bond, you might retain counsel to appear on your behalf, to request that the warrant be recalled.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help.

Read more
Answered on 7/22/13, 3:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Adam LambertThe Law Office of Adam S. LambertNew Orleans, LA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now