Legal Question in Traffic Law in Kansas

I am an international student and I have missed a court date in Kansas city, KS 2 months ago. The reason why i missed that court date is that I went to my country before the court date and I could not go back to US, for I haven't received my I-20 from the univercity that i had applied to. Someone told me that I must have had a warrant and they may arrest me when i get there. What is going to happen to me and how can I reschedule another court date?

Sean Santoro Santoro Law Office

If your court date was in Kansas City KS Municipal Court, you need to contact the court to pay a bond and get a new court date. If your court date was in the Wyandotte County District Court, you must post bond at the county courthouse in downtown KCK. Contact a lawyer to get advice on handling the charge. You are unlikely to be detained at reentry unless it was a felony charge; but you can be detained in Kansas if it is a misdemeanor or felony. Feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.

Sean Santoro

[email protected]

Licensed in KS and MO

Anthony Smith LawSmith

If you choose not to post a Bond, you might retain counsel to appear on your behalf, to request that the warrant be recalled.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help.

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Kansas

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA