Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

If house transferred to children after parent dies,the will says dived all real estate equally..does this include the house?

Asked on 4/10/10, 11:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Keenan Post Post Warren Lindstrom, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the house is transferred to the children via a "transfer on death deed" then what the Will states with regard to real estate is irrelevant as the Transfer on Death Deed would control disposition of that particular parcel of real estate, a house in your case. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/10, 2:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now