Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Kansas

do i have to make payments on a house in probate? My mother died and left a holographic will, but it doesn't pertain to this property, only her business. The will is not witnessed. I am an only child, she was divorced, and my adult son is trying to get everything. Thanks.

Asked on 5/02/10, 1:58 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anthony Smith LawSmith
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

A child is not personally responsible to make their deceased parent's mortgage payments. However, your mother death does not prevent foreclosure. So, if you wish to inherit the house, you (or yoru Son) may need to make the payments for a few months to keep the house for the estate.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 5/10/10, 2:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Kansas

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now